Hello everyone, and welcome to Sett Class! Our combined Reception and Year One class is taught by Mrs Tong and supported by our amazing teaching assistants Mrs Ward, Ms Allen and Mrs Turner.
In our classroom, learning through play is integral to our curriculum. We spend lots of time outside, caring for our rescue chickens Mable, Rosie and Petal. We also grow our own fruit, vegetables, herbs and wheat in our gardening area.
Every morning we enjoy a run and boot camp to wake us up ready for the day. We also use yoga and mindfulness to relax our bodies and minds after a busy day of learning and exploring.
We have Forest School once a week in our local woods with Being Outdoors, and enjoy lots of trips and visitors to enrich our curriculum.
Here's a few examples of other things we do every day:
- Squiggle Whilst You Wiggle
- Playdough Disco
- Chicken duty - collecting eggs, cleaning out and giving mealworm snacks
- Storytime and singing
- One to one reading with an adult
- Nurture groups - learning to recognise, manage and regulate our emotions
- Intervention groups for children who may need a little support and confidence boost
Learning for this term
Please see below an overview of our termly curriculum. We love to learn through play and often work in small focus groups so the children receive as much support as possible.
Examples of learning