Young Voices 2022
Young Voices Concert 2022
Dear Y4 ,5, and 6 Parents and Carers,
We have several events booked for 2022 that we know the children (and parents) will be looking forward to. One of these is our attendance at next year’s Young Voices Concert on 8th February 2022. Lots of you will have experienced these concerts before and understand why we get involved – they offer so much for the children, including:
- The opportunity to perform at the Manchester AO Arena as part of the world’s biggest choir
- Performing alongside local, national and world-famous artists
- Learning songs and dances from a range of different genre
The children who attend are regularly amazed by the scale of the event and the incredible atmosphere generated and leave the experience with an unforgettable memory and the feeling of being ‘stars for the day’. We have already started rehearsing some of the songs and this will step up over the coming weeks as we get closer to the event.
To get a flavour of the concerts please visit https://www.youngvoices.co.uk/for-parents/
We have attended Young Voices Concert over the last decade and each concert delivers every time. The safety plans are extremely thorough, and the children will be very well cared for throughout their time at the arena. We will share further information closer to the time about details for the concert day, but school pays for the concert costs and the PTA / PFA from each school kindly covers the transport costs.
Parents can watch the performance and we know those of you that have attended before tell us what a brilliant experience it has been for you too. There are two ways you can access tickets, which is why we need to let you know this information today:
- Tickets can be purchased through school by this Friday 19th November 2021. The two benefits of booking through school are that there is no booking fee applied and that parents from the same school will be placed in the same area. If you wish to secure your ticket this way, then please send £20 to school by this Thursday at the latest.
- After December 1st 2021, and usually up to the date of the concert, tickets can be purchased directly from Manchester Arena. The ticket will cost £20, but a booking fee will also be applied. These tickets will also not be within the block of tickets purchased through school.
In the event of the concerts being cancelled due to National or Local Government Covid restrictions, a full refund will be applied.
We appreciate that it can be difficult to think ahead to a concert involving thousands of children and spectators, whilst we are currently trying so hard to keep on top of Covid issues in our local community and schools. However, we obviously want to try to organise experiences for the children that they will remember for the rest of their lives, and this means we have to meet deadlines. Please see the following information from Young Voices about Covid safety:
Young Voices is acutely aware that the COVID pandemic has changed how schools and events operate. We will continue to be vigilant and follow any government guidelines as they evolve. Young Voices will assess the risk of COVID at all of our concerts and workshops in a dynamic and ongoing way. We will then put in place the appropriate measures to mitigate against the spread of Coronavirus at our events. We want everyone to enjoy our concerts and have a wonderful time whilst keeping us all as safe as possible.
- We are constantly liaising with our arena venues to understand how they are handling COVID risks and what we can learn from the events that happen this autumn in arenas around the country.
- We are monitoring the latest government guidance at all times to ensure that we are legally compliant and following best practices.
- We are training our key staff to ensure that they can plan and produce our events as safely as possible.
What Young Voices will do before the concerts:
- We will produce a full risk assessment for our events which includes a COVID risk assessment.
- We will publish our COVID management plan and allow schools sufficient time to comply with any requests we may have to make of them.
- We will keep choir and audience members in mind, at all times.
What the venues will do:
- They will fully risk assess our events including the risk of COVID and let us know how this affects our events in good time for us all to plan.
- They will undertake enhanced cleaning.
- We will send schools a venue-specific risk assessment including COVID mitigations nearer to the date of your concert.
Current Venue COVID Measures
Young Voices will be abiding by the rules in place in each of our venues. The latest information can be found at https://ao-arena.com/your-visit/