Sports Premium / PE
Our PE Funding this year has been used to:
- Employ coaches from Peak Active Sports to work alongside teachers and teaching assistants to develop teaching in all areas of PE
- Employ a PE specialist from New Mills Secondary School to co-ordinate PE events across the New Mills cluster
- Employ a PE specialist to work specifically with KS1 and Foundation Stage on Gymnastics and Key Skills
- To purchase essential resources for Forest School
- To purchase new PE equipment for Active break times
- To deliver Dance / Drama active learning sessions
- To install an outdoor interactive whiteboard that promotes exercise and healthy lifestyles
- To provide training for Midday supervisors and buddies
- We are now teaching an even wider area of the PE curriculum (including archery and teamwork activities)
- We have included PE activities linked more closely to New Mills Cluster events
- Our participation in New Mills Cluster events means 100% of our children are involved in competitive and Festival based activities at least once every term
- We have included even better quality Dance and Gymnastics units during the first part of Spring Term
- The PE specialist has offered support to our NQT in delivering high quality PE and resources have been purchased to improve delivery of throwing and catching skills for this group of children
- The large play tower is now in place and used daily to encourage more active and adventurous play
- A termly PE assessment for all children has been introduced with much progress being seen
- A £30k 'Primary Spaces' bid was successful to completely overhaul a playground. It will be much better suited for delivering high quality PE and play
- The school has achieved its highest position in many of the tournaments attended this year as skills continue to improve
- Children have participated in more PE activities than in any previous year
- Dance / Drama provision has been provided to make learning more active
- An outdoor interactive screen has been provided and is promoting exercise and healthy lifestyles
PE at Thornsett
Great news - the school has been informed that we have been judged Gold standard for Sports Mark award.
Specialist Coaching for 2019-20
We have organised coaching for staff / pupils on the following units for 2019 - 20:
- Non contact boxing / super hero fitness training
- Playground Leaders Training / Cheerleading
- Outdoor and Adventurous Activities / Problem Solving
- Supporting New intake to be 'School ready'
- Boxing / Fitness
- Midday Supervisor / Buddies Training
Follow the link to our High Peak Federation Sports Premium Impact Report.
Read the Activity Heat Map for a typical cohort at Thornsett.
Follow the link to our own School games home page.
Follow the link to Derbyshire Sport Newsletter.