USE OF PE FUNDING
Our PE Funding this year has been used to:
- Employ coaches from Peak Active Sports to work alongside teachers and teaching assistants to develop teaching in all areas of PE
- To make improvements to our outdoor playgrounds
- Employ a PE specialist from New Mills Secondary School to co-ordinate PE events across the New Mills cluster
- Employ a PE specialist to work specifically with KS1 and Foundation Stage on Gymnastics and Key Skills
- To provide Bikeability sessions for Y6 children
- To provide Balance Bike training for REC, Y1 and Y2 children
- To purchase essential resources for Forest School
- To purchase new PE equipment for Active break times
- To purchase new PE kit for school teams
- To pay for a Teaching Assistant to take the children to more PE events
- We are now teaching an even wider area of the PE curriculum (including archery and teamwork activities)
- We have included PE activities linked more closely to New Mills Cluster events
- Our participation in New Mills Cluster events means 100% of our children are involved in competitive and Festival based activities at least once every term and we participated in over twenty events, festivals and competitions last year. This is more than double the previous year's provision
- We have included even better quality Dance and Gymnastics units during the first part of Spring Term
- The PE specialist has offered support to our NQT in delivering high quality PE and resources have been purchased to improve delivery of throwing and catching skills for this group of children
- A termly PE assessment for all children has been introduced with much progress being seen
- The school has achieved its highest position in many of the tournaments attended this year as skills continue to improve - we are the smallest school in the cluster but were runners-up and winners in the first two events of 2018
PE AT NEWTOWN
Great news - the school has been informed that we have been judged Gold standard for Sports Mark award.
Follow the link to our High Peak Federation Sports Premium Impact Report.
Read the Activity Heat Map for a typical cohort at Newtown.
Follow the link to Derbyshire Sport Newsletter.