Sports Premium Funding
Our PE Funding this year has been used to:
- Employ coaches from Peak Active Sports to work alongside teachers and teaching assistants to develop teaching in all areas of PE
- Employ a PE specialist from New Mills Secondary School to co-ordinate PE events across the New Mills cluster
- Employ a PE specialist to work specifically with KS1 and Foundation Stage on Gymnastics and Key Skills
- To purchase essential resources for Forest School
- To purchase new PE equipment for Active break times
- To deliver Dance / Drama active learning sessions
- To install an outdoor interactive whiteboard that promotes exercise and healthy lifestyles
- To provide training for Midday supervisors and buddies
- We are now teaching an even wider area of the PE curriculum (including archery and teamwork activities)
- We have included PE activities linked more closely to New Mills Cluster events
- Our participation in New Mills Cluster events means 100% of our children are involved in competitive and Festival based activities at least once every term
- We have included even better quality Dance and Gymnastics units
- The PE specialist has offered support to our NQT in delivering high quality PE and resources have been purchased to improve delivery of throwing and catching skills for this group of children
- Additional play equipment is now in place and used daily to encourage more active and adventurous play
- A termly PE assessment for all children has been introduced with much progress being seen
- A range of funding bids have been successful and utilised to improve playground areas
- Children have achieved highest finishing positions in many of the tournaments attended this year as skills continue to improve and have also attended more events and festivals
- Children have participated in more PE activities than in any previous year
- Dance / Drama provision has been provided to make learning more active
- An outdoor interactive screen has been provided and is promoting exercise and healthy lifestyles
- Both schools have been judged Gold standard for Sports Mark award.
We have organised our PE provision with our specialist coaches to make links with other school priorities:
AUTUMN 1 - FITNESS BASED (boxercise, circuits, etc) - Aimed at improving the core fitness of the children.
AUTUMN 2 - CREATIVITY BASED (dance) - Making a link to our Artsmark development.
SPRING 1 - CONTROL BASED (gym, martial arts) - Helping the children to develop self-control, discipline and high quality
SPRING 2 - INCLUSIVE BASED (boccia, bowls, archery) - Engaging in activities that are accessible to all.
SUMMER 1 - MULTI-SKILLS BASED (traditional games) - Applying skills of fielding, catching, throwing, striking, receiving, tactics,
SUMMER 2 - PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT BASED (athletics) - Making a link to Maths and IT in recording and improving